You can join the Rome Call for AI ethics as an Organization or as an individual (endorser).
For an effective dissemination of the Call, we are seeking organizations that:
- in terms of size, credibility, and impact, have the possibility of giving a decisive acceleration to the development of AI Ethics in strategic sectors (development and technological innovation, food safety, health, education, research, etc.).
- have the opportunity to lead the international debate by advocating the Call’s principles.
- have demonstrated over time, and through concrete actions, that they want to commit and invest in the development of AI Ethics.
- have not implemented policies or undertaken actions that are incompatible with the Call’s principles.
We require that the Organizations endorsing the Call do the following:
- to make concrete commitments to apply the principles laid out in the Call;
- to pledge to promote the Call’s principles in their strategic areas of action, also involving other partners as potential signatories;
- to commit to report the initiatives undertaken according to the principles of transparency and accountability;
- to give visibility to the Call in their respective areas of action;
We offer the following to the Organizations that endorse the Call:
- The possibility to officially join the Call;
- The possibility to join a network of organizations committed to support the development and ethical use of AI.
- Visibility of their endorsement of the Call on our website.
For an effective dissemination of the Call, we are seeking endorsers who:
- have the possibility – by experience or role – to influence the stakeholders and organizations targeted by the Call (policy makers, UN agencies, other international stakeholders, universities, etc.);
- have the opportunity to propel the Call’s relevance in the debate on issues related to AI Ethics;
We require the following of our endorsers:
- The commitment to promulgate the Call and introduce its contents into strategic contexts,
- The willingness to participate in communication initiatives aimed to disseminate and promote the Call,
- The willingness to report the results of their commitment at the annual event.
We offer our endorsers the following advantages:
- The possibility to be informed and participate in the Call’s promotional events.
- The possibility to network with other endorsers.
- Visibility of their endorsement to the Call on our website.